Help with bluray disc playback (1 Viewer)

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, I will try to describe it and take screenshots a little bit later.
How it worked yesterday:

-I insert a blu ray disc and anydvd is analysing it (a window with a status bar pops up) and MePo asks me whether I want to open the movie. Under Moving Pictures the movie is listed. When I choose the movie in the movie list it opens another sub menu ("Menu", "Video 1 hh:mm:ss", "Video 2 hh:mm:ss", and so on) and I then choose the main movie (usually around 1:40:00, so it's easy to see which one is the main one) and the playback starts. Worked like a charm.

How it reacts now:

-I insert a disc and anydvd is analysing it and MePo asks me whether I want to open the movie. No matter if I click "yes" or "no", nothing happens. When I open Moving Pictures the movie is not listed there. When I try to play it via "Play Disc" (in the Plugins Menu) nothing happens. It just goes back to the Plugin Menu.

What I checked:
-The disc is recognized by windows explorer
-AnyDVD HD recognized the movie correctly

What seemed strange to me:
-When I enable "Import from DVD/Disc" in the "Moving Pictures Configuration" the movies/blu rays are listed afterwards. In the morning I tried "American Gangster" and it was not listed in MePo so I could not play it. But afterwards when I checked the "Moving Pictures Configuration" it was listed in the imported movie list.

Should I reinstall AnyDVD HD? :(

Is there anything else that I could provide? Like logs or something like that?

Thanks again (the 1000th time by now I guess ;)) kiwi!

EDIT: Im not sure whether it's relevant but the first movie I tried today was "The Avengers 3D" which is, you don't say, a 3D flick. But there was no difference to the movies I tried later. I just thought I'd better mention it...

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I wasn't sure whether I forgot to post the reply so I tried again to describe it in the other thread. I will post log and screenshots of all the settings. Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please also specify which Bluray(s) you're attempting to play. It should be noted in the log files, but just in case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom