Help with DST conversion XMLTV (1 Viewer)

Ryan Birkenholz

Portal Member
April 29, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using Media Portal 2 and I use XMLTV to download programming schedules from Schedules Direct. I have it set up to use the "tv_grab_na_dd" grabber by executing the command: xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 10 --output tvguide.xml

The command properly downloads the schedules but the times are based on GMT (+0000); I have the line "timeoffset: +0000" in my grabber configuration. I know that the grabber allows me to offset the time by a specific amount (such as -0600 which is the current offset), but when DST occurs, the offset changes. The documentation with XMLTV says it is best to download it with no offset and then use the end program to perform the conversion. I see that Media Portal 2 has an option in the XMLTV plugin menu to also shift the time, but it also doesn't seem to allow for DST. How do I set this up so it always has the correct timeshift when DST changes to Standard Time? As a temporary solution, I have it set to do the correct shift in during the XMLTV download by adding "timeoffset: -0500", but it will be off by an hour when the clocks change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom