Help with DST conversion XMLTV (1 Viewer)

Ryan Birkenholz

Portal Member
April 29, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I am using Media Portal 2 and I use XMLTV to download programming schedules from Schedules Direct. I have it set up to use the "tv_grab_na_dd" grabber by executing the command: xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 10 --output tvguide.xml

The command properly downloads the schedules but the times are based on GMT (+0000); I have the line "timeoffset: +0000" in my grabber configuration. I know that the grabber allows me to offset the time by a specific amount (such as -0600 which is the current offset), but when DST occurs, the offset changes. The documentation with XMLTV says it is best to download it with no offset and then use the end program to perform the conversion. I see that Media Portal 2 has an option in the XMLTV plugin menu to also shift the time, but it also doesn't seem to allow for DST. How do I set this up so it always has the correct timeshift when DST changes to Standard Time? As a temporary solution, I have it set to do the correct shift in during the XMLTV download by adding "timeoffset: -0500", but it will be off by an hour when the clocks change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Added cron task into my enigma box to run this script daily. Test run worked without any issues so no more manual edits everyday. (y)(y)
Added cron task into my enigma box to run this script daily. Test run worked without any issues so no more manual edits everyday...
Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated - I am pulling my hair out with this one! I am using a couple of IPTV services...
Replies
Views
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Uninstalled and then removed all Media Portal related folders. Installed new copy of Media Portal and made as few changes as possible to have a list of TV channels. Still failed to scroll with mouse wheel on the EPG table. After experimenting with mouse settings, it appears that a setting of one line at a time vs two lines at a...
Uninstalled and then removed all Media Portal related folders. Installed new copy of Media Portal and made as few changes as...
The TV Guide schedule will only scroll with keyboard up and down arrows and not the mouse wheel. Why is this the case? The Live TV...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.25.0 All Cards Busy DE
If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this problem (so there is probably more than one cause). Your symptoms (one tuner working, others not working for simultaneous use) suggest that you have setup only one tuner (so TV Server can use only one...
If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this...
I have two video cards both capable of recording two tv channels However if I try to record a program and watch another station...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom