Help with IMDB/IMDB+ Scraping required [Solved] (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Good afternoon.
I am in a pickle of my own doing.
I was testing local scraping of some movies with weird file names. And so disabled all the imdb/imdb+/themoviedb scrapers from the data sources list.. (same with covers and backdrops).
I have now since re-enabled them.
The trouble is, it doesn't seem to work for IMDB or IMDB+ now.
Covers and backdrops work fine, and it finds results from themoviedb. so its not the end of the world.
But, I usually prefer to use IMDB+ to scrape, as I have it sent to retrieve the cert ratings for the UK.
I have checked and reinstalled IMDB+, but to no success. And if I leave it as the only data source, then Moving pictures doesn't find any info.

I just wondered if this was a behaviour any one else had come across? And if so, had the fixed it?
I'm quite happy to reinstall MP and all te plugins, but I just wondered if I was missing something obvious.

Many thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Can you provide screenshots of the current configuration for the data, cover, and fanart import script source setting?

Data example would look like: http://blixy.net/mp/FAQ.MovingPictures.1c_Movie.Details.Data.Sources.png

PS: In some cases MovPic reverts back to a faulty copy of IMDb+ in the 'scripts' table for scraper scripts. But the version number in the data sources should verify that quick, with v4.9.52 being "latest" correct version.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thank you for looking @RoChess
    I have attached the screen shots you asked for. It seems its on the latest version.
    I reinstalled media portal, deleting all the folders and full uninstall option.. reinstalled etc... and it worked.. once... Then after that its just gone back to just finding results on themoviedb.

Looking at it, and the images I just took captures of, and I noticed on covers, IMDB+ was quite far down the list. I have since moved it to the top of the list. And now, it all seems to be working again.
    So it may have been that simple. I never really paid too much attention to that before, as I thought it was the details script that was doing the actual movie lookup. And the artwork was secondary. But it seems to have made the difference..

Attachments

• screencaps.zip
      92.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Looking at it, and the images I just took captures of, and I noticed on covers, IMDB+ was quite far down the list. I have since moved it to the top of the list. And now, it all seems to be working again.

That was my suspicion, hence the need for screenshots.

When you enter the IMDb+ plugin where you can adjust the IMDb+ scraper-script settings, it actually does a check to verify if it is still the primary (ranked #1) scraper-script on details, and asks you if you want to fix it when it's not. Of course not many people usually open IMDb+ plugin, as it usually works out of the box well for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom