Help with Medion OR24V RF VISTA Remote control (1 Viewer)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Remote_Front.jpg
    Remote_Back.jpg

I´ve been looking for a post that could help me without success. I can not make the remote work properly I have tried selecting X10 Medion as well as X10 other remotes but some commands like up and down are send twice and other are not mapped correctly. Also I have tried learning function but when I press the ok button I get out of learning window.
    Is there any centarea or X10.xml modified to make this remote work properly?. Also I would like to start mediaportal with the MCE green button.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    i assume you need external software for this. i recommend EventGhost, where you need to activate X10 plugin and on reaction of "big green button" make an action that starts MP.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i assume you need external software for this. i recommend EventGhost, where you need to activate X10 plugin and on reaction of "big green button" make an action that starts MP.
    Thank you very much, I have used a program call clavier where I can assign to start any program with a remote key and it works perfect.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ups. Didn't see that before.

The solution is simple. In windows control panel there are the settings for X10 remote (some times visible in icons view). This is the windows driver that is also listening the commands for windows. My recommendation is to select an unused channel, lets say 14... Windows will be specting to catch user x10 commands on that channel, so as your remote will be probably transmitting in channel 1, then the commands don't get doubled (one for windows driver and one for MP driver).
    In some situations, you may also need to select MP remote settings and filter commands by selecting the proper channel (usually 1) so only channel 1 will be accepted by MP and no other.

In all X10 remotes with windows versions including MCE, seems to happend the same, windows driver reproduces the remote command, and MP also reproduces de command with the know problem of double clicks or commands.

Hope helps to all X10 Remote users in Mediaportal.

Enjoy
    A

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom