help with moving pictures or my videos! (1 Viewer)

cenci

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
i'm new to mediaportal and have managed to set up most things so far apart from the following...

installed moving pictures in an attempt to get mp to show up thumnails, movie info etc automatically without me having to manually update

however, the only way i can get it to show up is on my plugins>moving pictures
is there no way to get it to link into my videos so when i click on that from my homepage it takes me straight to the dvds with images and info?

i am currently using the very good aero skin

all i want is the scraping of my videos to show up automatically in >my videos

thanks

heres what i have tried

i tried disabling my videos in the config

and then renaming moving pictures to my movies in its settings

however, i dont think moving pictures ever shows up on my home page, and when i try to click on movies from the home page nothing happens

help!

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
February 8, 2006
To make Moving Pictures show up on the home screen, and not the plugins screen, you have to go into configuration. Right click the moving pictures icon in the plugins section, and check 'list plugin in home' or something like that.

If you are using the basic home screen, this technique will not work. (in fact, it will make the plugin inaccessible) You can either disable the basic home screen in mediaportal config, learn how to edit the basichome xml for the skin you are using, or switch to StreamedMP as your skin, as it comes with a tool to customize the basic home screen.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Might I correct here....?

This does not work with the Aero skin, due to it´s concept. What you need to do, to make Moving Pictues the default movie handler within the Aero skin, you need to use this : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/aeon-274/aeon-menu-generator-41980/ and create your own BasicHomeMenu....

Or maybe someone will give you his/hers version if you ask politely ;-))

cheers
    mcbelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom