Help With MP Catagories (1 Viewer)

jorrell

Portal Member
November 25, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im faiarly new to MP ( A Mediabrowser Convert!) and im trying to add new nodes to the MP Config which is working fine, but i want to add/change the Catagories Icon for some of my own. I know they are found under my MPstreamed skin path C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Categories but if i want to add new icons. Can someone point me in the right direction where i edit the xml files to match the icons pls?

thanks Jorrell

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Pretty sure you just need a file in that folder with the same name as the Category, no XML editing needed. So "Action.png" would automatically be used for the Action category.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That is correct, "Category Name" == "Category Name.png" and it will show that image when you highlight/select that category.

Be sure to check out: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/category-image-exchange.74382/

A bunch of existing artwork is exchanged there that might already be exactly what you are looking for. You can also find the template file there to create your own in the same style with the movie-clapper board artwork.

Last edited:

jorrell

Portal Member
    November 25, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok great thanks guys. thats cleared things up for me. I do already have hundreds of Movie/TV Series Icons based on the clapper boards as i did a lot of work with Demonseeds icon sets, but thanks anyways

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok great thanks guys. thats cleared things up for me. I do already have hundreds of Movie/TV Series Icons based on the clapper boards as i did a lot of work with Demonseeds icon sets, but thanks anyways

Maybe you could share yours then with the rest of us on the same thread :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    As requested.

Please post it in the Categories exchange thread. That one is sticky and it is where other users will expect to find it when looking for stuff. This thread will eventually drown in the masses.

(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom