Help with Music Views Please! (1 Viewer)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, its probably very simple but i cannot get my music view to my liking.

I have big icons for all my albums but when i select an album its default view of the tracks is big icons also. I need the tracks to be a list.

I've played with the music views in the config but with no joy. Can anyone help? :D

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
You were wight, you should set that in Music Views.
Could you tell me, what you selected for "track"?

ViewAs "List" should do the job.

I should of mentioned that its in 'shares' view that i would like the tracks as a list. Any ideas?

What is generally thought to be the best way to view your music collection?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes, that's the problem. the Music Views section works only for Database Views.
    For shares view we store the settings for every folder. so when you have set the option for a particular folder we will use the selected view te next time you enter.

Generally you should Tag your files and then import your files into the database by using the Music Database dialog from config.
    then you can use the database view and plugins like Global Search to search for specific music

nokmond

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    yes, that's the problem. the Music Views section works only for Database Views.
    For shares view we store the settings for every folder. so when you have set the option for a particular folder we will use the selected view te next time you enter.

Generally you should Tag your files and then import your files into the database by using the Music Database dialog from config.
    then you can use the database view and plugins like Global Search to search for specific music

Thanks. Whats the best way of tagging LARGE numbers of albums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom