Ongoing Help with new client, smoothie gone bad (1 Viewer)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I was making smoothies for breakfast this morning in my blender and the main power safety switch popped. Went to the fusebox and flicked it back up... and it went down, flicked it up, and it went down :(

Back in the kitchen and found out that the gasket between the knife and the bowl wasn't replaced after washing the bowl up (wife). Result was smoothie through the whole machine. Ok, so the blender was ready for the bin and I was thinking shortly about rebooting the server in the closet. Server was fine and had restarted itself without any problems. My living room client, on the other hand, tossed in the towel. It wont start, and I have tried to take everything out and in step by step but nothing works.

So I need a few new parts. Things I think I can reuse are my GPU (AMD 6570) and my SSD. I don't know about my PSU, will try to start the client with a different one tomorrow and see. I don't even know where to start but I'm on a limited budget but at the same time an upgrade would feel nice. AMD or Intel, APU or reuse my dGPU?

Help very much appreciated!

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    What a great story! Funny too!

I think I would at first try a new PSU and then gradually work up to new system. I'm not up to date on new hardware out there, it seems to change to quickly to keep up these days (or maybe I'm just getting old :( ) so I can't help out with that.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try boot PC with only PSU + CPU + RAM (1 stick only) + MOBO, everything else unplugged. Most likely dead PSU or Mobo, sometimes you can see brown discolouration around a chip on the motherboard which would indicate mobo died. sometimes this brown mark only visible on the underside of the board.

would look like this
    images

Last edited:

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It was the PSU. A new one arrived today. Just about top replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom