Help with NFO import in MP1 (1 Viewer)

gaey

Portal Member
August 25, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Background: I was going to use MyFilms, used the AMC movie importer (perfect tool). But could not get MyFilms to work on any skin at all (maybe does not work on windows 10). Currently on latest version of MP1 V1.12.0.

So decided to export movie details into nfo files using data held in AMC importer. Worked a treat. So had all movies, nfo files and movie jpg (all with matching names in one movie folder. Used MP1 configuration to import NFO information into MP1 movie database. This worked well, grabbed movie details and jpg. BUT only grabbed some NFO information. NFO file contains plot, IMDB tt number and actor names but theses were not imported.

Is there somewhere I can look at the internal NFO grabber, try to work out why this is not working?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Background: I was going to use MyFilms, used the AMC movie importer (perfect tool). But could not get MyFilms to work on any skin at all (maybe does not work on windows 10). Currently on latest version of MP1 V1.12.0.
    No problems here under Titanius. There are many other skins that provide support for MyFilms too.

gaey

Portal Member
    August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I tried many skins, Titanus included. Tried uninstalling MP1, reinstalling. Then installing skin, then myfilms. Then tried installing other way around. nothing could get it to work. maybe a windows 10 thing. I spend days on it, myfilms looks great just could not get it to work! My setup I am sure as nobody seems to have trouble with it. Managed to get it to work once when I messed around with skin files moving them around from one skin to another, looked bad but at least it displayed movie list!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, but I am using Titanius under Windows 10 on four PCs - and none of them has issues to use MyFilms. What kind of problems are you experiencing exactly?

Skin files should not be moved around, unless you know what you are doing ;). Now you possibly did mess up your setup. What you could now do to save the situation is to uninstall all these skins and the delete the respective directories under C.\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin. Also look under ..\cache and delete the directories there. Then reinstall a skin of your choice, which contains myFilms support.

gaey

Portal Member
    August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help. I think I will give it one more go. It always complained that I had an incorrect XML file and would not open MyFilms. just showed and blank screen. I copied an xml file from another skin, this managed to open up MyFilms but the layout was so bad but did open and I could navigate myfilms (and it looked good, by good I mean the information presented not the layout (because I messed around with the XML file.

I might try one more install, last time I just downloaded and reinstalled MP1. Maybe this time I will do the following:

Use windows uninstall program to remove MP1. Download and install MP1. install MyFilms.

Do you think it will work with the Titan skin?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Use windows uninstall program to remove MP1. Download and install MP1. install MyFilms.
    You don't ned to uninstall MP1, unless you have really destroyed the Titan files and want to use it. My pesonal preference would be Titanius though - a new version is close to being released but the current one is also good.
    [/quote]

I don't know if Titan (and Titan extended, which is required for plugin support) do bring the skin files for MyFilms. Check out the Titan extended descriptions in the forum.

With respect to opening MyFilms: The initial view may be sup-optimal, however, you can adjust this so that the plugin uses with a different layout/view the next time you are using it.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I don't know if Titan (and Titan extended, which is required for plugin support) do bring the skin files for MyFilms. Check out the Titan extended descriptions in the forum.
    I think this is the right hint - Titan 'stock' does not contain MyFilms skin files, but Titan Extended provides them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom