Help with pause/reusme in Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hello all..
For a while now I have had an odd issue on MP 1.17 and moving pictures where when playing a file in moving pictures, if I pause the movie and the un-pause it, rather than resuming playback it just goes back to the movies title screen. I have just yesterday updated to MP 1.18 and the latest Moving Pictures from the extension manager.
On first try pause/resume worked.. But the second time and forever thereafter it has the same issue again.
the issue remains even after system reboots.
I have no issues pausing and resuming playing of TV shows in MPTVSeries.
My guess would be its some corruption in the sql database. I have attached the logs of me replicating the issue.. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?
Worst case I'm ok to delete the database file and reimport everything... But ideally as a last resort.
Thanks..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaPortal handles all the playback, so corruption of MovPic dbase being the cause is highly unlikely.

Easy to test: backup the MovPic database (or preferably both MediaPortal App+Data folders), and then delete the MovPic dbase, create a new setup and import just one of your TV episodes that works fine as a '1-movie-collection' for a quick test. And then verify if that episodes fails as well.

If it does, then you got a weird issue that I wouldn't know answer to.

If it plays/pauses fine, then your issue is with the movies in question, different codec/etc. Then it's a simple matter of solving your MediaInfo/codec issues, which is easiest by just updating to latest LAV codec.

And of course restore the backup then :)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for the reply.
    I may try the test you described . Its still worth a try, I cant recall exactly when it started as I have just been living with it for a couple of months now..
    I have already updated to the latest LAV, and I have never touched the settings for them and its worked fine for years until now.
    I also have a second PC with MP accessing the same files and have no issues with pause and resume...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom