MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    hi guys,

first off, love moving pictures.

now down to the nitty gritty.

moving pictures will only seem to download one cover per movie... the odd movie gets 2, now this wouldn't be a problem except that some of the covers it downloads are terrible

so, i have no problem spending the next few days going through all my movies and downloading individual images for my 1500+ collection, im just wondering what are the specs for the images

thumbs and backdrop,

i.e resolution ? jpeg or other any details really appreciated

by the by, im runing
    mediaportal 1.0.2.0
    skin streamedmp not sure what version
    moving pictures 0.7.5

now, im not sure whether these versions are the most up to date or not so any info you can give will be greatly appreciated

p.s. each movie folder has an info.txt filewhich only contains a link to the imdb so if there's a link i can insert here to show it where to find the images please let me know.

many thanks

forgot to add, my movies all have their own folders. folders and actual files both called Title (year)
    eg \\server\District 9 (2009)\District 9 (2009).avi

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    now, im not sure whether these versions are the most up to date or not so any info you can give will be greatly appreciated

Update to MovingPictures v1.0.4:1070 (RC2) which you can find on sticky forum thread. You can install it ontop of your existing v0.7.5 install and it will take care of updating everything.

Many updates have been made, including ability to define quality you desire on covers/backdrops.

PS: In a few days a new version of StreamedMP will be released that will contain latest versions of MP-TVSeries and MovingPictures as well as the skin being compatible to all the new features those plugins support. So you might want to use that approach (or use the latest version currently available), because if you update MovingPictures by itself, chances are your StreamedMP skin won't be compatible to all the changes made.

PS2: Be sure to update the IMDb scraper to v1.5.5 as well, which includes speed and higher accurancy results for the type of filenames you have (title + year).

flynnd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    thanks RoChess for that extremely quick response.

just for curiousitys sake

what resolution and image types do i need ?

this will come in handy when i start adding home movies to the collection

also how do i update the grabber scripts for moving pictures ?

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    thanks RoChess for that extremely quick response.
    just for curiousitys sake
    what resolution and image types do i need ?
    this will come in handy when i start adding home movies to the collection
    also how do i update the grabber scripts for moving pictures ?
    :D

I've tweaked things too much for my own personal settings that I got no clue on defaults anymore, so just check advanced settings for yourself, use FAQ otherwise for some pointers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom