Help with TV Please (1 Viewer)

Maus

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
UK
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Memory: 894 MB
Motherboard: MS-7093
TV Card Model: Nebula
TV Card Type: DVB-T
TV Card Driver: BDA v1.036
Video Card Model: Msi Radeon Xpress 200 Series (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.162
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Hi,

When selecting my TV, the fonts and other GUI items become fuzzy/blurred and of much lower quality. My TV will then open up and I can see the tv picture, but this is intermittent with the sound cutting out every few seconds and the picture freezing/stuttering.

When my TV is exited and the tv picture is no longer active, the GUI / fonts remain garbeled until media portal is exited. Only then does windows flick back into how it should look.

I have tried all versions of the Nebula BDA drivers, as well as other codecs for audioi and video from the MP setup. Nothing seems to make a difference to this.

I have searched through the forums, and have tried many things, but have not yet managed to cure this. I know that the TV signal is good and clean, so Im a little lost as to how I should proceede.

Any suggestions?

I am using powerstrip to tweak the resolution and sync form the PC and have foud that this prevents me from running MPlayer at full screen. The screen rolls, like its lost sync - perhaps because Mplayer changes res on full screen. Could this powerstrip issue also be causing the odd distorted graphic in Media portal?

Thanks

Maus

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
UK
- - - UPDATE - - -

I have subsequently plugged my HTPC into a Samsung LCD with a native rers of 1360x768 and switched my graphics card to output at the same res. I have also doisabled powerstrip. This completely gets rid of the bizarre distortion of graphics that I was experiencing when entering My TV.

Now I just need some suggestions on how to tackle the unwatchable TV picture.

Any Thoughts?

Do I need a new Graphics card rather than the built in one?

Cheers

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
My thoughts are that your panel is NOT 1360x768 (I don't think there is such a resolution), but 1366x768 so you probably again need powerstrip...

Maus

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
UK
NLS you are correct, The panel is 1366x768, but supports a pc resolution of 1360x768 according to the manual which is what it is set to.

Its looking fine, its just the TV, I have tried every codec combination I . Some dont work at all, most give an unwatchable picture.

Anyone know what codecs to use with the Nebula PCI card?
Anyone know if I need a seperate graphics card rather than my built-in one?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom