- June 10, 2013
- Home Country
- United Kingdom
From reading mm's post in the thread I linked before, that outcome looks favourable. It found a total of 765 channels (which looks a believable number), and did not diagnose any errors.The scan was really fast but it came up with all red channels (same as before).
If all of the channels found are red, it may be that you have not configured MP to use the CAM. mm in his post describes what you need to do; I will quote it here:
- Edit the settings for each CableCARD tuner (select, click "edit"...) - tick "CAM enabled and present for this card" and set "this card can decode..." to 1, then click save. For more information see -->here<--.
- Go to the "scan" tab in the "general" section of TV Server configuration.
- Change the SDT/VCT setting to roughly 120 seconds. You may need to increase this time if you find channels are missing or don't have proper names.
- Go to the "DVB EPG" section in TV Server configuration.
- Untick the the two "enabled" checkboxes for the timeshifting/recording and idle EPG grabbers. This EPG grabber will not help you to get EPG. If enabled it will use your tuners pretty much continuously, which is unnecessary power use, wear and tear.
-- from CyberSimian in the UK