Help with TVDB API update scrape problem (1 Viewer)

dastrom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Midwest
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I could use some help so I don't spend countless more hours more on this.

I had a working system with MP-TV Series and updated to MP 1.12.0 Final. I may have updated after that to the latest MP-TV Series 4.2.2 or already had it. After adding some new shows it would begin to scrape/update and in the configuration window after a short time it said "Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_all.zip : The operation has timed out" It does seem to get some metadata each time I try but as soon as that message comes up it "finishes" I thought maybe thetvdb was down but I do have Kodi as a backup and it seems to scrape and import from thetvdb fine on the same machine.

After a few days I tried again - same thing. I deleted the database and tried to reimport all - same thing. I uninstalled MP-TV Series and reinstalled - same thing. I then uninstalled MP completely including MySQL and manually deleted anything MP related remaining from programs and program data, reinstalled MP and MP-TV Series - still no joy. I still get the same thing. I'd reinstall the OS from scratch but its 3 hours away at my daughters house.

I have three other MP setups all working fine. All are running Windows 7 Pro with Kodi also installed as a backup and the only difference in setups is that this one connects to the internet by wifi which has not been a problem in the past. I'm out of ideas.

I can log on and work on it remotely - any ideas??? I can get you logs if you tell me where to find them and which ones. HELP!

Dave

Last edited:

dastrom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Midwest
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well since no one had any ideas or was willing to help, I've kept working on this. I installed MP2 and it was able to scrape with thetvdb fine. Kodi was able to do the same. It seems as though Bitdefender Free Antivirus was the culprit. I had disabled it when I first started having trouble but it didn't help. This time I uninstalled it and now all seems to work fine - strange though. It didn't seem to blocking anything - just one more thing to try and it worked. I've set up at least 30 MediaPortal systems and never had this - just one of those quirky things that happens.

Thanks to all who help with MediaPortal and this great plugin. I appreciate all your efforts helping to create what I think is the best media center program around!

Dave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom