help with v-stream dvb-t pci card (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    sonome said:
    ...I left out a bit :oops: . I completely forgot that in order to get the older (version 4.0.108.0) drivers working with MediaPortal, I had to first install the newer drivers. Then, without uninstalling them, install the old drivers - whenever Windows came up with a message saying something like "You already have a newer version of this file, do you want to replace it with the older version" I clicked "no". So essentially, there are still bits of the new drivers left installed. As I said, it was the only solution I could find to get the Kworld remote working as well. (Unfortunately the developer of HIP hasn't updated it for the newer drivers).

Sonome - Have you asked the HIP developer if he might update for the newer drivers? Or maybe ask him to release his sourcecode so others would be able to assist him? (I'm not offering btw)

Mike

jerrytaff

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Thx for all the help. I didn't have any problem at all with the new drivers. However, I also had to load the patch to get the original Kworld application to work.

If video renderer is setto anything other than "overlay, MediaPortal crashes as soon as I go to full-screen.

jerrytaff

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Sonome, I've just re-read your post. Please disregard my previous reply- I'd misrerad it.

The issue of having to install the latest drivers first will explain why I couldn't get it to work with the old drivers and the xml patch you directed me to. Pity because I'd like to get my remote to work properly - I say properly, because some of the functions work now - eg left and rt arrows change channel in non-full screen mode.

I wonder if perhaps some of the response issues might be better with the old driver? However, before I try it, can you tell me - does the original Kworld software work? (with or without the patch for it to work with the new drivers?)

sonome

Portal Pro
    June 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    mzemina said:
    Sonome - Have you asked the HIP developer if he might update for the newer drivers? Or maybe ask him to release his sourcecode so others would be able to assist him? (I'm not offering btw)

The HIP developer is aware of the problem. Last I heard, he was trying to get information from KWorld (the manufacturer) as to what had changed. From my understanding, even if the HIP sourcecode were available it wouldn't help, as info. is needed from Kworld (I could be completely wrong about this though).

jerrytaff said:
    I wonder if perhaps some of the response issues might be better with the old driver? However, before I try it, can you tell me - does the original Kworld software work? (with or without the patch for it to work with the new drivers?)

To be honest, I couldn't tell you. I haven't had the Kworld software installed for ages. I wouldn't recommend using the older drivers - the newer drivers are much more "mediaportal-friendly". I'm just too cheap to stump up the funds to buy a decent remote :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom