Help with videocard and tuner (low-profile) (1 Viewer)

Jelte

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    Callifo said:
    Dont they use DVB-T Digital TV over there?

They have, KPN Digital... but it's not good quality. We're using the regular cable network.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    The 6200 cards tend to be pretty low end but they should be a decent match for that system. Even a 5200/5500 should work though, it's not like you'll be able to play HD video on it anyway.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    BTW, the tuner cards based on the new ATi 650 chip should be coming out any day now. It's supposed to deliver the best analog video of any chipset to date according to anandtech. It also supports digital and DVB-T... though your CPU/graphics may be too slow to display non SD content.
    http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/showdoc.aspx?i=2778

Also, the 6200 supports shader model 3 which some games will like where the 5200/5500 don't. If you can, get a card with at least a 128 bit buss. You are less likely to have playback problems.

Jelte

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    Thanx for all your replies and help.

I've found an used PVR150MCE Low Profile for about 35 euro including shipping.

I'm still searching for an new/ used graphics card. Which cards from Ati are equal to the geforce 6200?

Another question, how much space does an recorded TV cost on my harddisk? I wonder if my 160GB is enough...

And if I have the PVR150MCE and a Geforce 6200 (or equal from ati), my HTCP is able to run MediaPortal smootly (workable)?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Depends on the settings, generally though, dvb-t and regular birate analogue would cost you about 3GB per hour. HD dvb can be about 6GB per hour.

Ive got a 120GB HDD in ours and thats plenty for us. We dont keep what we record, so once its been watched, it gets nuked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom