Help with WMA and RadioTime/Tunein (1 Viewer)

Andy Ford

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I am having a problem with playback speed through the RadioTime plugin.
I have only set up a few presets, mostly BBC with a few stations from Linn Products.
If I listen to the stations streamed at 320kps everything is ok, but if I try to listen to lower bandwidth stations (eg 128kps or 96kps) then the audio is slowed down.

It doesn't seem to matter if it's an mp3 or wma file.

I have looked through the forum but cannot find any solutions.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

With thanks

Andy Ford

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
Hi Holzi

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am using the BASS engine. I have it set to output to the EMU 1212 sound card and am using ASIO for the music playback. It sounds really good, I have been SO impressed with MP.

Now you've pointed me at the thread regarding RadioTime I will keep an eye on updates. It's not a big problem as I prefer the better quality streams, but I would like to solve this problem. It works ok if I play stream through browser. Am not sure if the slowing down of lower bandwidth streams is due to codecs in MP?

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I could be wrong, but if you are using ASIO, then you aren't using the BASS engine.

Andy Ford

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
I am a noob to this so I could be wrong!

On the 'music' section of MP config I have player set to 'BASS engine' and sound device set to 'Speakers(E-MU E-DSP)' (options are 'Default Sound Device' or 'Speakers(E-MU E-DSP)'). There is an option at the bottom of tree view of music config for 'Music ASIO' that says it's only available if using BASS engine. I'm not sure if this is used just for playback of local music files?

I am still in early stages of discovering MP so any guidance is gratefully accepted.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom