[solved] HEVC playback issue (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    For some reason I get the Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder for the audio part in graphstudionnext (32bit version) and not any EVR :confused:
    This is with a complete reset of LAV settings as well.

graph.png

// Update

Disabled Microsoft DT-DVD using the Shark007 Codec tweak which can also be cleanly reverted, off to test that but the graph now looks better.

// Update 2

Artifacts and low fps remains :(
    Beginning to suspect some weird Windows 10 bug as it's a pretty stock install otherwise.

graph2.png

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    I forget to tell you, that i have build manually the graph (like MP does with followed screenshot) :

EDIT : when i have do the compare between MP Graph and Manually with Graphstudio

upload_2016-3-18_19-10-11.png

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Thanks, will try your settings and see if it helps :)
    Also in Graphstudio it plays perfectly even without EVR listed there so it's pretty weird.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Hmmm, i think i'm not clear lol

The posted screenshot of graphstudio comes from MP playing the file :)
    If i add the file to grapphstudio manually, Windows create a graph that doesn't the same as MP, so i need to build it manually :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Double checked the Mediaportal settings and were the same except the last tickbox ("when playing .ts files") so checked that as well, reverted back to LAV 0.67 and used the same LAV video settings as before and now it works perfectly in Mediaportal as well but have no clue why....

lav_video2.PNG

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    The last option is to use Video codec for .TS files so should not do a difference :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Tried with a custom LAV build from @Sebastiii (0.68.5 git) and got a bit further :)

- Works with MPC-HC (no image corruption) as subtitle engine however no subtitle selection for that sample
    - With DirectVobSub I get the subtitle selection however also the image corruption back

So while not perfect at least I can have MPC-HC for other videos just not with this one, gonna debug some more.

// Update

The no subtitles issue for MPC-HC is also resolved, when nothing is set as audio or subtitle language preference in LAV splitter and you have LAV as preferred subtitle handler it wouldn't display a subtitle selection.
    This is a bug in Mediaportal or perhaps LAV isn't supplying it with right info but either way @Sebastiii is gonna look at that.

Since I reset LAV settings during testing those were empty, filled LAV splitter with the typical "eng,dut,nld" preferred language and now it works :)
    Recent LAV versions (0.68 / 0.68.10) seems to have issues so avoiding updates for the time being.

So all in all pretty happy now with subtitles and proper HEVC playback :D , thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread