kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

here a little status update:

I have finished the two player game and now work on the AI. Mikael Söderström from the great SimpleMP will give me a hand and make us a great board. Cheers.

So maybe not far away expect a initial release.

Attached a actual screenshot.

Greetz
kroko

:)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Great news. I´ll be on a trip to rome for the next days, after that I´ll be ready to do some testing :)

tomtom

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WOW , mikael that is unbelievable for me how fast you can do such a great layout. Thank you very much. I have finished my first AI now. It is based on the flash version of Hexxagon. It's pretty much a best move AI, maybe a little buggy. Anyhow I will prepare a initial release to let you play arround with it soon.

Greetz
    kroko

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi Kroko,

first let me thank you for your work on this game. Last night I found time to install and test it a little bit:

# I haven´t found any bugs, everything is working nicely.
    # I think the solution with the black spot that moves with the mouse movement is a very good solution (probably also indispensable for remote/keyboard navigation.
    # The KI seems to be fairly good: on lowest level I had 1 win, 1 tie, 1 loss
    # Briefly tested 2 player mode. Also everything seems to work just fine.

Possible Improvements:
    # not many
    # as you said yourself: animation/sound of the moves would be nice
    # for game sound in general I made an improvement suggestion (make game sound independent from general option for navigation sound) Didn´t get any feedback, so probably it´s only me
    # maybe a highscore/statistics page
    # maybe a repeat/"slow-motion" for the computers moves. Sometimes you can´t believe which stones the opponent turned over and can´t see/reconstruct from where to where a stone was moved/copied.

Great work

tomtom

P.S.: It is downloadable now: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/startdown/320/

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tomtom21000,

thank you very much for the flowers ;)

Anyway I will moving the next weeks, so I will not have that much time for those weeks. So here is a small update to V0.2.

I added:

-Undo button
    -nice icon in configuration
    -some animations( very basic)

I hope you like it. Talk to you soon.

Greetz kroko

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi kroko, is it possible to make the board user positionable. ie: respond to posX and posY values for skinning purposes? I don't see it as a control in the xml file?

Nice work on the game :).

cedric

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2006
    Lausanne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I Kroko,

I don't know if it's the same than Psycho Reptile, but I think the playing board is too high and too on the left. Why not in the middle of the window? (MP 0.2.2 with Blue two)

This comment is for "My hexxagon" and "My Simon" too.

I like your works, thanks for it. :D

Cédric

:)

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey you guys,

thank you for the feedback. I'm using a relsolution 720x576 and that fit my screen. What resolution you are using ?

Anyway I added a hidden image for Psycho Reptile. From there I will draw the hexxagon.

Also mikael found a bug that makes hexxagon paint the form over and over. Thanks ;)

And finally I found a small bug when you do UNDO the count is not updated. I will release the next version soon.

Greetz
    kroko

cedric: Your are right I need to change the layout. It is too far to the left. I will change that in the next release.

@all : :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom