Hi guys, a MP newbie need some help (1 Viewer)

stevenyu

Portal Member
October 31, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Hi guys, I reasonly start using media protal and I have to say I am very impress by what it has to offer, however I am running in to some problems.

1 - I notice that when I am watching TV and recording TV, there is always somekind of pausing every 10 mins, if I turn off the timeshift it does seems to be improve a little, but not much. However if I use the software came with my DVB card, it doesn't jerk as much compare to media protal.

2 - I can't find the option for relocate the recording files to another folder or another drive.

3 - how to set recorded TV file format, I would like to use MPEG2 instead of the default .T file format.

4 - Sometime the TV doesn't play at all, I have to either turn off timeshit, or restart the MP to be able to watch TV.

For reference here is my computer info:

Mainboard : ASUSTek Computer INC. (A8V-E DELUXE)
Chipset : VIA K8T890
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 5000+ @ 1800 MHz
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM PC3200 @ 200 MHz)
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 6600
Hard Disk : IC35L040AVER07-0 (41 GB)
DVD-Rom Recorder : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D CDR, CDR-W, DVD-R (40x ) (40x )
Monitor Type : CMC 17" AD 17 inchs
Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)
Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
Operating System :
DirectX : Version 9.0c

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi there and welcome to MP!

we are currently working on implimenting many of the features u were asking about....My TV is getting an upgrade to make it work a LOT better...recordings will be a .TS file...which (in the My Burner Plugin) can be converted easily to .MPG and straight to a DVD :)

in the setup app u can change the recordings directory...if u want to move them simply use My Computer in windows to move them

also u mentioned u had a AMD 64 5000+ ?? they dont make those yet do they? also what operating system do u use? WinXP with SP1/SP2 / WinXP MCE?

also check out the requirements page :HERE

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi stevenyu & welcome,

stevenyu said:
    Anyway, I can't find the setup for recording directories, I am currently using the 0.2RC beta release
    You can find it in configuration under: Television --> Capturecards --> Click your card and choose Edit. A new window appears. On that window, click the recording tab. There, you can specify the directory where all recordings are saved. This way you can set different directories for different capture cards.

Currently there's no way to specify the recording format. As we speak, the recording engine changed back from .TS to .DVR-MS again. While you cannot record directly to .MPG, you can convert it rather quickly via the Compress module in My TV.

As for the stability issues while viewing timeshifted TV, those are being worked on currently. If you want to be on the safe side, it's probably best to switch back to 0.1.3.0 release. If you're brave, you could try a current CVS snapshot from http://www.myshare.de.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom