Hi-Res Backdrop Exchange! (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And i guess its OK for you to take someone else work without pay, or is all the backdrop picture no-licensed images?

Yes. I see a big difference in ME being a pirate/torrent-leecher/whatever/copycat and someone ELSE making money off it. I think it's similar to drug-dealers, I really don't care if my neighbour is doing drugs, but when he starts selling the shit my personal limit is kicking in.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Can someone help out a clueless person - I simply can't work out how to get MegaUpload to work.

Step 1: I click on the link provided. It takes me to a screen as shown below ("1")

Step 2: I enter the 3-letter code and press "Download". It takes me to the screen shown ("2).

Note that there's a countdown timer under the "Free" column, and an orange download link above the column.
    If I happen to try clicking that link, I simply return to the 3-letter code screen and am asked to enter a different 3-letter code.

Step 3: After the countdown timer has reached zero, it disappears. Nothing else on the screen changed. NOTHING.
    (see image "3"). The only thing is that same orange download link, which if I click it, it takes me (as I said) to the previous screen - see image "4").

All other links on the page appear to be related to me buying or signing up. I have no intention of doing either. All other file sharing sites don't require this.

What am I doing wrong? Assuming that I am not going to sign up to this website, can I actually download the file, and if not, why do people use MegaUpload instead of all the others that don't insist on this and annoy people?

Use Google for your free file-hosting: Googlepages : Free File Hosting From Google | Blogspot Tutorial, Free Template and Site Info

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Step 3: After the countdown timer has reached zero, it disappears. Nothing else on the screen changed.

When the countdown reaches zero, where the timer was, it should change to a button that says 'free download' (as in screenshot).

When I tried just then, when I first entered the 3 letter code, it then asked for another one again before doing the timer...

Interesting - you're using IE and I'm using Firefox. There's no way I'm going to run IE so I guess I'll pass.

Strange that it doesn't work in FF - perhaps I have an add-in that's blocking it (but it doesn't look like it)

Anyone else able to use it with FF?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Step 3: After the countdown timer has reached zero, it disappears. Nothing else on the screen changed.

When the countdown reaches zero, where the timer was, it should change to a button that says 'free download' (as in screenshot).

When I tried just then, when I first entered the 3 letter code, it then asked for another one again before doing the timer...

Interesting - you're using IE and I'm using Firefox. There's no way I'm going to run IE so I guess I'll pass.

Strange that it doesn't work in FF - perhaps I have an add-in that's blocking it (but it doesn't look like it)

FF3 here and I can download the file. But the download is opened in a popup, perhaps you have a popup-blocker enabled?

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i agree with pilehave. this money may be going towards paying for the web hosting but with the amount they charge they must be profiting. the point is they are charging for what other people upload!

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    uploader here: why use megaupload?

1. because google and the other places have a 100mb limit and megaupload has a 200mb limit. the file is 100+
    2. not sure about google but megaupload is much faster than rapidshare
    3. it's a very common site. probably #2 to rapidshare

i agree that charging for downloads on other people's work is lame.. with that said they have some pretty nice backdrops and i might consider uploading my own if it wasn't such a pain in the ass

Double

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Has anybody a good backdrop for the Arcsoftplayer-plugin (Bluray).
    I am searching for weeks now, and don`t want to use a real "movie-screensot", like the default movingpictures backdrop.

i hope you can understand my band language :sorry:

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

IE was just what I had open at the time. I also use latest FF3 and have never had any issues either.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    And i guess its OK for you to take someone else work without pay, or is all the backdrop picture no-licensed images?

Yes. I see a big difference in ME being a pirate/torrent-leecher/whatever/copycat and someone ELSE making money off it. I think it's similar to drug-dealers, I really don't care if my neighbour is doing drugs, but when he starts selling the shit my personal limit is kicking in.

Well R1DB actually has a lot of custom covers and fanarts, so the comparison is not really accurate. The work that some of these designers do is really amazing compared to the shitty covers that comes with alot of the movies these days.

Just look at this:

Amazon.com: Flightplan [Blu-ray]: Sean Bean, Stephanie Faracy, Christopher Gartin, Lois Hall, Greta Scacchi, Klaus Schindler, Judith Scott, Jodie Foster, John Benjamin Hickey, Christian Berkel, Erika Christensen, Peter Sarsgaard, Bess Wohl, Mary Gall

compared to this:

Flightplan - R1DB

And for one that has scanned alot of DVD covers for MyMovies (the one for Windows Media Center) it really is time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom