[solved] HID Repeat Settings Not Effective (1 Viewer)

Sam.F

Portal Member
August 30, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've had a fairly decent search of the forums, but I was unable to find the information you were referring to Stéphane. If you could point me to these when you are able to I would really appreciate it.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings
    There should be a file named:
    Generic-HID.XML
    Make a backup of it just in case.
    Edit it and remove all the button blocks regarding volume:
    • Mute
    • VolumeDecrement
    • VolumeIncrement
    That should fix you up. Unless you have have a custom
    mapping already. In which case you will have to do the same with the same file located in:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings

Sam.F

Portal Member
    August 30, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you very much Stéphane, that did the trick!

I only have one other minor issue; is there any way to change the increment levels of the volume buttons? Prior to the XML mods it was making 10% jumps, which was about right for us, but now it's only changing by 2% on every button press.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <aside>
    Those keys are not controlled by the MP1 HID settings but rather by your Windows system settings.
    The wiki already says that the MP settings don't affect certain remote control buttons. If you know which buttons are and are not affected, I think it would assist people if the wiki could explicitly list them.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The wiki already says that the MP settings don't affect certain remote control buttons. If you know which buttons are and are not affected, I think it would assist people if the wiki could explicitly list them.

Any button resulting in keyboard event are affected. Typically directions and ok buttons. However once our keyboard handling is transitioned to HID then the HID settings should affect all keys except when inputting text.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Prior to the XML mods it was making 10% jumps, which was about right for us, but now it's only changing by 2% on every button press.

Either find the Windows settings that control this or put back the blocks for volume increment / decrement while leaving out the mute block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom