Hide watched in Related Shows (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey lt.

I've been messing a little deeper with Trakt to explore it's features etc and came across the related shows option (reached from F9 -> Trakt -> Related Shows) on a Series.

First of all a suggestion if I haven't skipped over the option! Is it possible to default this list to 'hide watched' like you can on the website? I find as you can expect with most popular shows, everyone else is watching the same other popular shows and when only returning 10 results more often than not it is only returning shows which I have already seen and have in TVSeries anyway.. which isn't very useful for learning about new shows.

Also in this view (with Titanius skin) the 'Watchers' label is showing #Trakt.Show.Watchers what should the correct label be?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah it has an option to Hide Watched on Related Shows or Movies screen. If your skin supports it, it will be available in the Hidden Menu.

If the skin does not support it, it should be available from the context menu (F9). If not I must of forgot to add it to the context menu. In StreamedMP I have it available in the Hidden Menu.

Also in this view (with Titanius skin) the 'Watchers' label is showing #Trakt.Show.Watchers what should the correct label be?
    Watchers label is something that should only be displayed on Trending Screens i.e. How many people are currently watching this item. So that just sounds like a bug with the skin using a label that is not set on Related screens. It's upto the skin designer what it should be as there is a lot to choose from e.g. It could show Genres. For a full list you can see from:

https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/wiki/Skin-Designers-Guide

Just look at the 'Show Properties'.

In case Im talking out my arse I would need to see a screenshot as I dont use that skin.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ahh you are right its there in the hidden menu - I'll remember to check in there while I'm exploring in future :) my bad.

This is the label - I'm sure it's a skin issue. Was going to have a look see if I could fix it myself, but now looking at your link I assume this label isn't usable in the related shows view?

RelatedShows.png

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I attached two images of Related and Trending from StreamedMP so you can compare what you have in Titanius.

Attachments

• RelatedMovies.jpg
      RelatedMovies.jpg
      443.8 KB
    • TrendingMovies.jpg
      TrendingMovies.jpg
      431.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, that label is not usable in Related or any window except for Trending.

fyi, the trakt Recommendations / Related items is not the best but it's a known issue. They're currently working heavily on the next version which will come with much improved recommendations and a full website / api overhaul. Something to look forward to.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just noticed I gave you screenshots of Movies and not Shows...but they are the same ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom