[confirm] High CPU and Memory Usage after running for a while (1 Viewer)

scottheil

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After performing a clean install to the 1.6.0 pre release I have noticed that after a while when only watching tv that the audio begins to start skipping as well some video skipping as it progresses. The only thing I believe is causing this is when I check the task manager it shows Mediaportal using 60+ CPU usage as well as 800,000k+ of memory which for my system setup is probably tasking it. General usage when I first open up Mediaportal even when recording a program is ~10 for CPU usage and ~150,000k memory, and with this usage there is no skipping.

I did an export of all currently present logs and have attached them.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Scott

Have you tried running MP in debug mode (ie. with all plugins disabled) to confirm whether the problem is a plugin or MP problem? If not, I'd suggest that is the next step to narrowing down the cause.

mm

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I just tried to open it in debug mode and this is the screen I get, i can move around the menu but that is it. When I click on any of the buttons it does nothing.

Attachments

• mediaportal debug mode.png
      mediaportal debug mode.png
      1.4 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wow, never seen that before! :(
    Just on a hunch, can you please try disabling just the Auto3D plugin and see if that helps. I think @Sebastiii might know something about this... :)

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I disabled the Auto3D plugin and that didn't change the screen I get when opening in debug mode.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I disabled the Auto3D plugin and that didn't change the screen I get when opening in debug mode.
    No, I didn't expect it to. I think it will resolve the high CPU and memory problem.

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Ahh, OK. I will report back if there is any change in high usage with Auto3D disabled.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I can confirm the same with Auto3D plugins (in fact related to UPnP.dll) and Marcus (Author) is working on it to solve this issue :)
    Please confirm if you disable it or remove the UPnP.dll from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process' temporary if the issue is gone :)

@Marcus Venturi (tagged him) :p

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tried to open it in debug mode and this is the screen I get, i can move around the menu but that is it. When I click on any of the buttons it does nothing.
    U are using Titan Extended which does not support Debug Mode proberly (thats why you are seeing this screen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom