[confirm] High CPU and Memory Usage after running for a while (1 Viewer)

scottheil

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When I disabled UPnP.dll, then opened up mp configurator to enable auto 3d it told me when the configuration opened that Auto3d was not a supported plugin and would not be displayed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes it's normal, without UPnP.dll Auto3D will not work but you can start MP and see memory/cpu usage :)

mantec

Portal Member
    January 25, 2008
    Home Country
    After performing a clean install to the 1.6.0 pre release I have noticed that after a while when only watching tv that the audio begins to start skipping as well some video skipping as it progresses. The only thing I believe is causing this is when I check the task manager it shows Mediaportal using 60+ CPU usage as well as 800,000k+ of memory which for my system setup is probably tasking it. General usage when I first open up Mediaportal even when recording a program is ~10 for CPU usage and ~150,000k memory, and with this usage there is no skipping.

I did an export of all currently present logs and have attached them.

I was having the same problem on my system, found if you rewind the video by about 30 sec the problem goes away. On my system I think it caused by a slow WD green hard drive where mediaportal cache the video. P.S. should add this only happens on my system when watching and recording TV at the same time.

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I can confirm that with the UPnP.dll disabled I do not have the High usage any more. I will try the updated version and see if it fixes this bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom