High CPU usage in basic home (1 Viewer)

bowll

February 13, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello! I've just got up my system with media portal that I want it. but has some problems and it is the cpu usage 90-100% when I'm in basic home. 'HTPC info' shows CPU usage between 60-99% and memory is at about 40-50%. everything runs (menu, movies, tvserier and music), sometimes the menus load a little longer. MediaPortal freezes sometimes. I have google but not found anything to help me.

Is this something I can fix or can it be my hardware?

System:
Motherboard: intel d915gag
CPU: intel celeron 2.8ghz
memory: 1759mb
Graphic: ATI radeon HD 4300 512mb
Mediaportal 1.1.0.0
skin: StreamedMP

Plug ins:
Moving pictures
tvseries
htpc info
rockstar (for spotify)

Thanks!
/b.

Edit: added logs and system specs, took the whole zip-file from mediaportal.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you open up the .zip file and look at the error.log file, it is FULL of stuff. Mine was too a while back. To solve it, I think I went out and installed the latest directx stuff from microsoft. I think that is how I got rid of all these types of errors. Try that. If that does not work, then post a new log .zip file show your running after you updated directx. Just so we can see new logs after an attempted fix. Also, if it fixes it, let us know as well.

Thanks

bowll

February 13, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
now is the upgrade done, created new logs. seems that there are other errors now.

think the basic home has been slower now than it was and the strange thing is that movies and series are played without a hack.
it's just basic home which is slow.

can it be my processor is too weak? it is only a Celeron D.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom