Hmm...how about the ability to change Recording Codecs (1 Viewer)

M

Megaframe

Why do I repeatedly have to go to the config to config everything?. Well it would be nice to select which codecs I wish to use to record television other than mpeg2 within media portal itself. Oh and i've come across this filter called Matrixmixer, it's pretty neat!, it actually enables 5.1 channel surround comming from a 2.0 source and does is quite well, maybe that could be implemented aswell, since it is open sourced.

And another, is it possible to have visualizations while playing audio and possibly video?

And one more lol, how bout cd "backups"? might be cool eh?

I absolutely love media portal!, i've been using it since 1.0.3 and i've been hooked ever since!, I really respect what you guys are doing, you've far surpased anything microsoft could have come up with. Media center has nothing on Media Portal, shows what a collective of minds who's goal is not to make money can do.

Keep up the great work

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Megaframe said:
    Well it would be nice to select which codecs I wish to use to record television other than mpeg2 within media portal itself.
    For TV cards that do software encoding you can select the encoder that should be used. For TV cards with hardware encoding this is not possible since it is done on the TV card itself. MP can't replace the chips on the TV card ;-)

And another, is it possible to have visualizations while playing audio and possibly video?
    Already in (for music). Select Window MediaPlayer as audiorenderer in the Music section in the configuration program.

M

Megaframe

Well what I really ment is

The ability to change codecs within media portal itself, not from within the configuration app, like a button below tvguide or something so it would be possible to change the codecs. But nevermind really lol, it's kinda stupid I guess. Just i'm building a HTPC for my dad and would like some ability to configure things like that within media portal itself. It will be a dedicated media box, media portal loads at startup.

And thank you for the visualization tip lol, I didn't even think of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy them to. Can anyone point me in the right direction as my memory of the config is hazy and probably out of date anyway.
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy...
    I just installed MP2 yesterday. Getting the digital tuner going went pretty straight forward. Right now I mainly have 2 issues as...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom