Hmm...how about the ability to change Recording Codecs (1 Viewer)

M

Megaframe

Why do I repeatedly have to go to the config to config everything?. Well it would be nice to select which codecs I wish to use to record television other than mpeg2 within media portal itself. Oh and i've come across this filter called Matrixmixer, it's pretty neat!, it actually enables 5.1 channel surround comming from a 2.0 source and does is quite well, maybe that could be implemented aswell, since it is open sourced.

And another, is it possible to have visualizations while playing audio and possibly video?

And one more lol, how bout cd "backups"? might be cool eh?

I absolutely love media portal!, i've been using it since 1.0.3 and i've been hooked ever since!, I really respect what you guys are doing, you've far surpased anything microsoft could have come up with. Media center has nothing on Media Portal, shows what a collective of minds who's goal is not to make money can do.

Keep up the great work

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Megaframe said:
    Well it would be nice to select which codecs I wish to use to record television other than mpeg2 within media portal itself.
    For TV cards that do software encoding you can select the encoder that should be used. For TV cards with hardware encoding this is not possible since it is done on the TV card itself. MP can't replace the chips on the TV card ;-)

And another, is it possible to have visualizations while playing audio and possibly video?
    Already in (for music). Select Window MediaPlayer as audiorenderer in the Music section in the configuration program.

M

Megaframe

Well what I really ment is

The ability to change codecs within media portal itself, not from within the configuration app, like a button below tvguide or something so it would be possible to change the codecs. But nevermind really lol, it's kinda stupid I guess. Just i'm building a HTPC for my dad and would like some ability to configure things like that within media portal itself. It will be a dedicated media box, media portal loads at startup.

And thank you for the visualization tip lol, I didn't even think of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom