Home Automation: Anyone use home assistant / hass.io (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Media Portal 2 has also been my choice after years of Kodi & MP1, so if there's any chance of this type of interface for MP2 I would love to see it.
    I don't think it will be done, at least not by me. For me MP2 is not convenient and not beautiful. If for any reason I'm no longer happy with MP1, I'll switch to Kodi, a more convenient option. :)

MP2 Fan

Portal Member
    November 20, 2020
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If it were me, I'd have stayed with MP1 too.

But family needs take precedent.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I don't see why MP2 is better than MP1, everything can be solved for a family in MP1. For me, the transition to MP2 is the loss of half of the functionality of MP1.

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have setup a page within lovelace now which provides the current program title of each channel. Hoping to have something written up as a seperate background service to run as it calls the MPExtendedWeb API to retrieve the details or run it as a tvservice plugin. Once done will start a new thread to detail how to setup. I can then click on each of the channels and it will send the remote command via Hassio -> HarmonyHub -> PC IR Receiver. works a treat. I am looking at the MQTT Plugin as well to see how the commands feature works soon.
    1615267628398.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Commands are still able to emulate remote control and message notification.

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

KarenP3

May 28, 2021
    Home Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    I also use EventGhost as an intermediary for Home Assistant and MediaPortal. I have an EventGhost Plus plugin that sends information to EG and then I publish it along with an MQTT reader plugin. It runs through the time tracking software so that the plugin can figure out how long the file being played is.
    I would still like to be able to tell my Google Home Mini to play something specific on the MediaPortal, but for now I need to use VoxCommando to do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom