Home Menu DVD Shortcut (1 Viewer)

RICOUK

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
England
Hi, I am new to Media Portal after reading posts it works well with Nebula DigiTV.

I have been messing about with it for a couple of days and it all works and it is a brilliant app. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is changing the Home Plugin. All I want to do is have on the Home screen the options; Music, Video, Trailers but also have a Play DVD option so I don't have to go through video then play DVD. I also want to have an item called My Games and then a sub menu with all the games in, so far only Tetris.
I have tried using the plugin options but it errors and puts 4X everything onto the Home page.

Can anyone tell me on how to do it, if it is possible.

Thank you in advance.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
In configuration, I think it's under Plugins, you can right click any plugins and select if you want it displayed on the Home screen, under Plugins, or disable it alltogether. There, you can set Music, Video and Trailers to appear as you want them and disable what you don't want to use.

AFAIK there is no way to put a Play DVD button on the home screen, but you can configure MP to autoplay the DVD as you insert it, or ask if you want the DVD started or not.

As for games, you'll have to use the My Programs plugin, which will put a "Programs" entry on the home screen. I don't think you can rename that.

RICOUK

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
England
I have edited the Home plugin and and got rid of the TV and Radio plugins (as I have DigiTV) and added the News plugin. I will try the play from insert of DVD function.

Thanks for the reply.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
A of SVN 5-5-2006 there is a plugin added to the MP configuration called My DVD, it adds "play DVD" to the home menu.

Good luck!

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
From today on the plugin is called "Play DVD", there was already a plugin called "My DVDs" which is sth else and this similar name was confusing users. :wink:

RICOUK

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
England
I have looked around and the only place "Play DVD" is listed is under My Videos from the Home screen. I cannot see it in the settings under plugins. Do I need to install another plugin for it or am I being really stupid????

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I can't let you wait that long, I just started a public build... So the next one contains it. :wink:

Here it is: Link

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom