Home menu flickering (1 Viewer)

Litil

Portal Member
February 23, 2010
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi.

After a long time not using my HTPC, made a fresh install of my W10 X64 with the last update and installed MP2. Installation was perfect without any issues.

But, when I open MP2 the home screen flickers constantly o_O. I was trying different options, updated my Ati drivers (I have a crossfire with 2 ATI 260X) the problem continues. But luckily two days ago changed the full screen on/off and the flickers dissapers if no full screen is toggled on.

Anybody knows how can I solve this problem? Of course I would like to use MP2 in full screen. Maybe I should install MP1 to check if the problem is the same but before the fresh install MP1 works with no problems.

Thanks.

Litil

Portal Member
February 23, 2010
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello,

First of all welcome to MP2 :).

This is unusual, there is no known principal problem.

Is this Win 10 1709 or 1703?

Thanks, altought I'm an old MP1 user ;)

Win10 is 1709 "Creators Edition". Only fails in full screen, so strange :confused:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems, that your graphic card has lot of flickering issues for several people, at least the google results are full with your card in combination with flickering problems.
    Perhaps, it helps to downgrade your graphic card driver, see here: Screen flickering - Downgrade AMD driver
    But I also think it's not a MP2 issue.

Litil

Portal Member
    February 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for your response ge2301. The ATI driver I have issues was the previous version with the flickering issues. Updated yesterday with the new one and I have de same problem.

I only have problems with MP2 :(. Can play with games, watch youtube videos in full screen perfectly. Can play 1080p films with HC Media Classic witouth any problem too. The problem is the first time it appears once I installed MP2.

Litil

Portal Member
    February 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Installed Kodi (first time I use Kodi/XBMC), installed with no issues and works perfectly in full screen. And very impressed too, works like a charm, no issues with my Logitech Dinovo Mini works natively, not in MP2. MP2 crashed 2 times playing video in the same test.

I think is not a problem with my HTPC :unsure:

MMM....

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 crashed 2 times playing video in the same test.
    Then it would be good, if you upload the log files, so we can see what is happening, otherwise everything will be speculations. I had frequent crashes with Kodi, but no crashes with MP2 lately ;) Problems can occur everywhere, but only with logs we can say more.

Litil

Portal Member
    February 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Then it would be good, if you upload the log files, so we can see what is happening, otherwise everything will be speculations. I had frequent crashes with Kodi, but no crashes with MP2 lately ;) Problems can occur everywhere, but only with logs we can say more.

I agree, the crash reporting is amazing in MP. I only told you because maybe there is any relation with mi issue in full screen and the 2 crashes.

The problem with full screen is anoying me. I cannot use MP2 as should be desirable, all in my system is working nice and the only app that flickers is MP2. Is like a high screen refresh black to menu-black to menu-black to menu..... my Mitshubishi HC4900 bocomes crazy with the menú because the dinamic iris detects black and bright rapidly and try to adjust the light :(

@ge2301 which reports do you need?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Win10 is 1709 "Creators Edition"
    You are aware that 1709 is full of bugs and issues around the graphics system? There are tons of reports that all have only one thing in common, Win 10 1709. The people with 1703 don't have such issues... So maybe it could be wise to remove 1709 and install 1703 instead. Generally I like to have the most recent versions of my software, but I definitely won't touch 1709 until those issues are completely fixed by Microsoft... My 1703 system ist working like a charm...
    Just a few examples:
    Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos
    My screen is flickering after upgrading to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709
    Windows 10: Microsoft races to fix a ton of bugs for October's Fall Creators Update | ZDNet
    After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 black screen when starting pC2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom