Cooling: x
    Power Supply: x
    Remote: x
    TV: x
    TV - HTPC Connection: x

When you choose Custom menues in the Home Plugin there is 2 bugs:

1: When dragging and dropping menu items, it gets duplicated several times
    2: Can't change the name of the menus

More info: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8113&highlight=home+plugin
    (has been a bug for a loooong time!?!)

Futhermore has the Home Plugin several lacks in userbility and understanding of the "home sttings" section. This is very confusing to setup and understand without geeting other problem.

Fix scrolling option only works with mouse(keypad does not work), and if you choose to have scrolling activated, it will give you problems in submenues where you only have a few items, because it will duplicate them, so the clearness disappears.

I'm still very annoyed by the BIG lack of customizing the menustructure in Mediaportal.

This has been a problem since the home plugin was launched........and threads come once in a while:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=10620&highlight=home+plugin
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=10443&highlight=home+plugin
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8113&highlight=home+plugin

Please note this as a bug, so we at least can see, that it will be checked up upon once in a while.

Keep up the good work

/Morten
    Spending more hours getting my system working, than on using my Mediacenter:-(

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    welcome to the club

at least I hope you won't get the same reaction as some people I know a few months ago :)

home plugin needs a complete rewrite, but there are other priorities for now (AFAIK)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi NLS.

Long time no seen:)

Yeah i was represented in the former thread where we were told that it had to be rewritten and it was not to be in the next future. But now 4 months has passed and nothing has happended.

And it frustates me a bit, that new implemtentations and features is being developed, when one of the basic features in Mediaportal is lacking features, and althrough it has some features, it is filled with bugs.

I support that it should be rewritten, but what is status????

Until fixed - i would certanly mean that this is a bug:-(.

/Morten

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Well it is a bug but not serious.

You see you rarely meet home plugin (usually just once when you configure you menus).

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And it frustates me a bit, that new implemtentations and features is being developed, when one of the basic features in Mediaportal is lacking features, and althrough it has some features, it is filled with bugs.

I think the "extended"-home plugin should be disabled. So the bugs are not present ;)

You know that it has a lower priority, the devs are working on the things they want to do. They should have some "fun" on developing.

Understand me not wrong, I like this feature, too and it would be good when it will working like you and some others wants it.

regards
    chefkoch

btw: In the last time i think the devs have "fun" or loves to code pretty new features. Visit the changelog it is nice to read it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom