Home screen looks like a barcode - blue and black! (1 Viewer)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ATI Mobility Radeon (M6) ? The driver is not the problem then. This chip doesn't support DirectX 9.0c which is required for running MediaPortal. If you want to update your driver for other purposes though this one should work.

-level20peon

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ATI Mobility Radeon (M6) does not work no. I have it in my old Laptop.
    However about +1 yr ago it worked fine. ^^

You'll have to be satisfied with the MPTvClient if you wanna run it on that computer (Until someone makes a lightweight Client using, for example, the VLC ocx or similar). ;)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This chip supports DirectX 7... see this article. I don't know whether the requirements changed during time but as long as I am involved in MediaPortal it required DirectX 9.0c.

-level20peon

montango

Portal Member
    December 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Thanks for your answers. It seems that MP won't work on my laptop :-( But I would try to get DirectX 7, the problem is I did't find it yet. Does anyone have a link? I found something for Windows 98, but not for XP. Downloading from Microsoft does't work: the corresponding page says "sorry, unable to service your request"...

I also tried to install MPTvClient bur I have again a problem (I already posted a question on the corresponding thread) unpacking the rar file.

Maybe I should tell you what I want to do, and maybe there is a simple answer: I have the Terratec Cinergy 800e PVR USB TV Card, and the attached software allows recording in MPEG2, but I want to record in AVI, since the files are a lot smaller. I would like to avoid compressing the MPEG files since this is a lot of work (after each recorded program I should do it) and I sometimes get unsynchronized audio/video.

thanks in advance

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Montago

The Graphics card drivers tend to be universal, so the Catalyst 7.12 driver is the one you want found here

afcouling

Follow the link in my signature to give specifications needed.

Remember MediaPortal is a quite directx led setup, so the specifications do state a DX9 128mb Video\graphics adapter.

montango

Portal Member
    December 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    this is strange: I downloaded and succesfully installed DirecX 9c from the Microsoft site, although I've been told that my video card doesn't support it!?

I launched again MP - the barcode-like stripes persist.:-(

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The problem is that your video card cannot USE directx 9c.. Your computer however can. If you swap the video card for one that support directx 9c it will work.

=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom