Tools and other software Command & Information Center (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
I intalled it on two systems. One with Win10 PRO. There it works, the GUI shows up. On my main HTPC runs a WIN 10 Home. Both are 64 bit versions. I deinstalled the app and reinstalled it without any issues. VC++ 2015 runtime (english) is installed. The app runs on my test-system (pro) well. Do I have to install any additional software? .Net should be included in Win 10 I guess.

I attached two video files to demonstrate the behaviour of the app on both systems

eagle

Attachments

• clips.zip
    28.1 MB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I attached two video files to demonstrate the behaviour of the app on both systems
    I guess it's again a missing dependency issue. I could try releasing another installer tonight or you could try installing .NET maybe.
    I'm not sure if there is a way to get some kind of error logs from Windows. In the Event Viewer maybe?

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    here is a windows log file which I found in the event viewer. I hope it can give you a hint to the issue

regards

eagle

Attachments

• HTCIC.txt
      2.1 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I hope it can give you a hint to the issue
    Interesting, however it tells me there was an error I'm just not sure what caused it.
    Maybe there is more to it in the Event Viewer? I'm not very familiar using it.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the entire error-messages
    It's looking for a DLL it can't find. I'm just not sure which one. Maybe MiniDisplay.dll but then why?
    Though it's possibly still an issue with the runtime. Are you sure you installed the x86 runtime too?

You could try launching the application manually by locating the installation folder below:
    C:\Users\l<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
    Then look for SharpDisplayManager.exe and run it.

The installation folder should contain the following:

upload_2017-3-2_15-42-29.png

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that I installed VC++ Runtime 2015 explicitally. One thing is that I have stopped all windows updates because I had recording issues in the past when windows was updated. I do install all the updates now and give it a try after finishing the updates

btw couldn't start the app manually

regards eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows is now up to date. But HTCIC refuses to start tenasiously.
    Event viewer shows the same faults and messages as before.

regards

eagle.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I compared the two installation folders (Win10 pro and Win 10 home). At the moment I have no access to my htpc (family-occupied), but as far as I remember there were only two folders in C:\Users\<my-user-name>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

On my Win 10 pro machine there are five folders in C:\Users\<my-user-name>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\EPMG4W0W.BYD\9QQE54AR.CB6 (see picture attached)
    On my HTPC there are only the last two folders. Maybe this causes the crash?

Is it possible to copy the missing folders to my HTPC? Or are there any entries in the regestry?

regards
    eagle

Attachments

• installation folders Win10 Pro.JPG
      installation folders Win10 Pro.JPG
      32 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to copy the missing folders to my HTPC? Or are there any entries in the regestry?
    That's not how it works. The app is installed to a single subfolder. Look for the folder containing SharpDisplayManager.exe.
    The installer decides the name of the folder is likely to be different on both your machines. That's normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom