Tools and other software Command & Information Center (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Good morning Stephane,
I tried the msi but it didn't run. No installation window were shown up. So I think it has to do with my system. As I wrote before I'll reinstall the HTPC in the near future to prepare it for 4k. After that I'll give the app a new chance to install :)

thx for all the help

regards
eagle

Entdecker

Portal Pro
May 28, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Stephane,
i have a question to your realy greate VFD Display project.

I bought some days a Futama MDM166A Display to try it as alternativ display for a other case. Up to now I use Origen VF310 Displays unfortunaly the MediaPortal "Futama MDM166" MiniDisplay driver has not the feature what I know from the Origen VF310 display (Soundgraph iMon Display, no usability whis switched off TV is possible, because the driver give no Information over the OSD Menu Titel was displayed, No time Information for Music and Video files etc.)

Because my english is not so got I have some question to your "new" "Sharp Display Manager" driver:

1. Currently I use MediaPortal 1.12 whis Windows 10 Home (x64) which is the last Version from the "Sharp Display Manager" that I can use
Currently I will not chance the Version because I have to shwitch more then one Media Center.
2. it is possible to use the newest Version whis some Changes at Mediaportal 1.12
3. After I have install the "Sharp Display Manager" which Driver I have select in MediaPortal "Minidisplay " driver?
-> Sharp Lib Display? I can not select and confirm whis "OK" ( I test the Driver whis MediaPortal 1.16 pre)

thank you for your help.

Entdecker

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Entdecker I'm afraid you will need to use the latest version of MP1 and the lastest version of HTCIC (formerly Sharp Display Manager).
    I'm not supporting older versions, that would be just too many combinations. You could try getting the MiniDisplayPlugin.dll from the latest MP and see if that works with your MP version but I obviously can't recommend this approach.

SharpLibDisplay is the driver you need. It won't work unless you have HTCIC running. I believe it hangs if HTCIC is not running.

The first thing to try is setup HTCIC on your machine and see if it runs. It seems quite a few people are having problem installing and running it on their machines.

Feel free to write in German, I can usually understand most of it.

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Stephane,
    thank you for your very fast answert. I will test your suggestion. Maybe I can use so the newest HTCIC Version. When not I have to wait up to switch the Version.

To chance the MediaPortal Version is only a question of the time. Currently I have not the time to do this.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    I'm back with a brandnew Win 10 Pro installation on SSD. I'm ready to try it again :) Which installer should I use? Is it the version on page 1 (the original one)?
    And do you recommend to install MP first?

regards eagle

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom