Hosters (1 Viewer)

solocky

May 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all,
My question concerns "hosters" tab in the configuration tool.
My list is empty yet after looking here "http://mp-onlinevideos2.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1830/trunk/"
i see a very long list of hosters.
My question is what exactly are "hosters" and what must i do to activate them or get them working in my in my
installation??
Thanks in advance for your help

ciao

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not 100% sure if we talk about the same, but for instance in the "Watch Series" site there are multiple hosters, in the configuration you can set the "priority" per hoster, higher number, shows up higher in your list with hosters, that way you have your favorite hosters on top.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you manually delete DLLs that were installed by OnlineVideos? Hosters are discovered by refelecting the dlls that are installed or downloaded by the Updater. They are a concept that allows multiple sites to access a hosting service (e.g. youtube) without having to recode the logic.

solocky

May 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To see if i understand correctly.
    If i add a rss feed with links to a video site then the hoster would take over the process of retreiving the true media url and play the video?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't say you should delete dlls ;)
    I asked because usually there are a lot of hosters in that list. If not something went wrong somewhere.

In theory you are correct. If the RSS feed for example links to youtube videos, they will be playable in Onlinevideos.
    For that you would need to create a generic site with a settings to resolve hosters.

solocky

May 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok so now i see that im thinking in the right direction--but my hosters list is empty
    ive seen various dll installed to the "onlinevideos" folder while the "Onlinevideos"dll itself it in the plugins folder directly ..could this be the problem??

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I suggest you uninstall Onlinevideos and install the latest version again.

solocky

May 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    my thoughts exactly--but alas...same outcome..im stummped :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom