how can I disable the skipping that occurs when pressing the up and down arrows? (1 Viewer)

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When I press the up and down arrows while I am watching a video it skips (forward or backward 5 mins or something). Is there a way to disable this? Between the left and right buttons and the next commercial break end button (double arrow) I think I am set as far as skipping. The up and down arrows skipping kind of annoy me. I am using an mce rf remore from keyspan.

thanks

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can't disable that skip step, but you can configure it.

MediaPortal Config > GUI > SKip steps

then check the bottom for the 'Immediate skip steps (up / down)
    There are some useful ways to use this, like skipping commercials (if you don't use ComSkip). Commercials are always around 7 minutes in my country, so i've set this skipstep to 7 minutes exactly.

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    here is the thing. You always have to set the buttons to the same time span (+30 for up and -30 for down). What MCE does which is great is to set the forward button to +30 and the rewind button to -7. This way you usually overshoot the commercials and then go back in a more granular way (shorter timespans) to get it just right. But you can't do that in MePo.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I like the MePo option to have increasing step sizes if you press left/right multiple time but also miss the small backwards step. My workaround is doing the following

left/right = 30, 60, 120, 180, etc
    up/down = 7

if I overshoot skipping a commercial, I press down to walk back -7 secs at a time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom