How can I manually add fanart for a tv series (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I meant that if tvseries automatically created a zip file for 'finished' series as per your issue in issue tracker, then series that were brought back to life would not see the new data.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What if no poster & fanart can be found online, or if I just don't like the ones it finds?

Is there a way to manually choose/select jpg files I have sitting on my HDD to use for posters/backdrop, etc. ?

If the series exists at TheTVdB, and you have artwork sitting around, then if you create a useraccount at TheTVdB then it is a piece of cake to add the artwork. This will then not only fix it for you (it can take a little while before TheTVdB runs the cronjob to actually add new artwork to the XML/ZIP files, but majority is available within 15minutes in my experience), but you will also benefit the entire community.
    That I am already doing for TV-Shows, mainly german translations for existing EN entries. :)

And for your homevideos, or material not allowed at TheTVdB (such as sports), then indeed just follow @Edalex's link to the wiki above.
    yap, thats the content I asked for a way to have local fanart used. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom