How do I add subtitles back into movies/programs that I have recorded (once I have edited them)? (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I previously looked into the various free options for editing anything I recorded for keeping - i.e. editing all the padding and adverts out.

I struggled to find anything that did everything I wanted:

1. Was free.
2. Corrected any errors in the stream.
3. Preserved the subtitles.
4. Allowed frame accurate cutting.

Thus far, I have yet to find something that does all these things, in particular, some of the best free video editing software always strips out the subtitles.

However, I read on another forum that the best option is just to edit all the adverts out and then add the subtitles back in later using a different piece of software.

How easy/time consuming is this to do?

What I do not quite understand is how the subtitles stay synched with the video if you are cutting out the adverts yourself.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
raffe How to add 500+ streams? OnlineVideos 1
T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
E Can I add folder icons to my list of videos MediaPortal 1 Talk 9
Timothy Cobb Mediaportal 2 Weather - Can't add Weather locations Plugin Development 5
E How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? OnlineVideos 4
J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
ajs 4911: Add properties support to TextColor and TextColorNoFocus MediaPortal 1 5
O How to edit the scheduled stop time on a recording with negative minutes to resolve conflicts Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
M.Hulot Blu-ray: Es werden nicht nur Forced Subtitles angezeigt Allgemeines Supportforum 1
J How to change y position of subtitles General 2
R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
P [solved] ATSC subtitles not fixed yet? General 2
E Swedish subtitles problem General 2
ratata Someone stole my subtitles... General Support 0
Dark Eyes Display subtitles on a separate display or device MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5