How do I change the font & font size? (1 Viewer)

donnacha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2008
    York UK
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi,

I'm a complete newbie here, but I do like the Avalon skin. However I would like to make the font sizes a bit smaller across the skin (I personally think they are a bit big). Is there an easy way to do this within the XML files? Again, excuse my ignorance if this is something that's a no brainer ! :D

Many thanks

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Welcome to MP. The skin has a built in function to make the font bigger. This is done under Settings and Skin Settings\Misc. Please make sure it is not configured to use big fonts. If this setting is not set to big your only option is this;

1. Stop MP
    2. Open the fonts.xml file (in your MediaPortal skin\Avalon folder)
    3. Edit all the <height>xx</height> values to one that you think is ok.
    4. Delete the Avalon folder from your Cache folder (the cache folder is in the same directory as the skin directory).
    5. Start MP

Hope this helps.

cheers
    cul8er

donnacha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2008
    York UK
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks cul8er:D

Will certainly try that this evening - if I remember the settings for Big fonts is currently disabled, so I'll need to go into the fonts xml.

I've been using MP for years, just a complete newbie when it comes to modding it !! I recently (finally) upgraded to MP1.2 and my old skin (Monochrome) didn't work, so Avalon looked a nice way forward, I'm just not a fan of the font size as I use it on a 94 inch projector screen, it looks too BIG !

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated

Donnacha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom