How do i get my remote control working in Netflix etc (1 Viewer)

Russ_T_

Portal Member
February 22, 2010
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey I just installed Online Videos and am loving it.

I have setup my Netflix account and it works great.

While watching a Netflix video it would be great to be able to use the remote control to pause / restart / skip etc - like I can for MP recorded TV.

My keyboard space bar and arrow keys can pause / start / move fwd thu the Netflix Video, but the remote doesn't work while watching Netflix / other Online Videos. (but it works for everything else in MP)
Is there some trick to getting this to work?

My browse is Chrome, but I also changed default browsers to IE (11), to see if that helped. It didn't

I am using a Logitech Harmony Smart remote.
This one comes with a IR Hub and is one of the best bits of kit I have bought
I don't really use the iPhone side of it - just the Remote that came with the hub.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Cheers
Russ

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are remotes supposed to be working with OV? I read that post you pointing to but I'm still not clear about it.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are remotes supposed to be working with OV? I read that post you pointing to but I'm still not clear about it.
    Yes remotes are supported.
    But without logs I'm not able to see how @Russ_T_ have configured his/hers input devices hence I cannot see what the problem is. The extra step with enable WriteDebugLog in OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config will enable me to see what input codes are being sent to MP and the browser player. And why it doesn't work in other sites (not Netflix) that is using the internal player is a mystery because if it works in TV or in My Videos, TV-Series etc it should behave the same way in OV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom