How do I make this work for TV streams? (1 Viewer)

markosjal

May 14, 2022
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have spent the last few weeks with TVHeadend, TVMosaic and NextPVR on Mac, WIndows and Linux platforms where available.

Only recently I came back to MediaPortal which I was perplexed by when I first tried it a couple weeks ago. I gave up and moved on to explore other solutions.

Now I am back to MediaPortal and I have scanned with my older HDHomerun Dual tuner, then "mapped" the channels somewhere in the software .

I have found a couple of guides it seems neither is complete, or they are too old. or I suppose it would be working.

Loading a Kodi client I have no channels available. No idea what I am doing wrong nor which step I am not seeing.

NOTHING seems intuitive in MediaPortal, and my first counter intuitive experience was making a change in the TV setup tool, clicking "OK", only to have it close then have to reload it. MediaPortal configuration is perhaps the LEAST intuitive and logical of the TV streaming solutions I have explored so far. It was so bad I almost gave up on it in the beginning. Now I need to see what it offers.

I can't help but notice there is a lot of activity in the forums and that could be good or bad. It seems a lot of people are looking to get some basic functionality out of MediaPortal which seems to point back to the counter-intuitive configuration.

My only goal is to get live TV on Kodi with some added IPTV live streaming sources. I would like to give MediaPortal a chance as it seems like a mature product.

Media Portal has a lot to learn from TVMosaic Community Edition. with its easy and intuitive configurations. Problem with it is many streams just do not play right in TVMosaic.

But then on the other hand I can not even get basic functionality from my HDHomerun in Media Portal

Mark

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are writing a lot, but almost nothing concrete to understand your issue you need support for.
    I got you want to make a Kodi client work with a MP2 server (last is just a guess, because it’s a MP2 thread). So which part is not working or what do you not understand in the guides? Have you found the related thread for Kodi clients?

markosjal

May 14, 2022
    Home Country
    What is so hard to understand that where is the "How to" for live streams from HDHOMERUN on a Kodi Client??

"Guides"? To what guides do you refer.

I have looked for documentation relating to Live streams found almost none, other than brief explanations that are far from complete or items that relate to the clients , not the back - end set up. .

If you have a lInk Please share.

I also have ZERO INFO on getting IPTV sources installed for MP2 (not 1)

This states "Media Portal 1" which I am Using "media Portal2" Scan DVB - IP

And by the way, good luck finding that "data" folder on Windows 10

You see none of this is complete for Media portal 2 . It is mostly undocumented with only bread crumbs many held over form media Portal 1

Nothing specific and complete on importing a playlist.

If you can not understand that , it is your problem, not mine!

Last edited:

markosjal

May 14, 2022
    Home Country
    You are writing a lot, but almost nothing concrete to understand your issue you need support for.
    I got you want to make a Kodi client work with a MP2 server (last is just a guess, because it’s a MP2 thread). So which part is not working or what do you not understand in the guides? Have you found the related thread for Kodi clients?
    I think what I said is RELEVANT, just because you choose to ignore it, write it off as extraneous or whatever you are doing, does not invalidate what I am saying. If you do not get anything out of it, it sounds more like your problem, not mine, as my post is pretty clear after re-reading it again.

I think the devs need to be aware of the issues that users have without some forum admin trying to invalidate it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My problem? I’ve no problem at all, you were asking for help. But instead of saying constructively where you need help I found mostly complaints about what is not working and telling what we should learn. For me nothing was clear.
    Because of your tone I’ll not support. Maybe somebody else is willing to.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I think what I said is RELEVANT, just because you choose to ignore it, write it off as extraneous or whatever you are doing, does not invalidate what I am saying. If you do not get anything out of it, it sounds more like your problem, not mine, as my post is pretty clear after re-reading it again.

I think the devs need to be aware of the issues that users have without some forum admin trying to invalidate it.
    Calm down dude! You’re just blaming everything and then expect help. If you think nothing is intuitive of MP and it’s the least intuitive software, probably you better choose another software.
    Also nobody told your comments are not relevant and nobody ignored
    it. @ge2301 tried to find the issue in your post and narrow it down.

Btw. the TV engine (TVE3) is the same for MP1 and not developed by MP2 team. That’s why the Wiki forwards users to the MP1 part for TV. TV Configuration
    MP2 is currently developing TVMosaic plugin to support also an alternative TV engine with very user friendly online configuration (search for it) and also and more advanced version of current TV engine (TVE3.5).
    @ge2301 will those be also part of future installers or remain as plugins?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 will those be also part of future installers or remain as plugins?
    Yes, that’s planned. The new installer (completely reworked with new GUI) is basically ready, but the alternative TV plugins are not fully finalized. After that you’ll be able to select a TV engine within the installer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom