How do I move recordings from standalone sys to dedicated TV-Server? (1 Viewer)

-=Is0metric=-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 19, 2013
    South Coast
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dear MePo users,
    I have recently been converted from WMC7. I am enjoying building my system, setting it up and using it.
    I originally started with a standalone system about two months ago and this week I converted to a dedicated TV-Server and seperate client(s).
    I have copied my recording from the standalone system to the new TV-Server.
    I cannot currently see these recordings.
    When I look within the TV Configuration > Recording section these recordings do not show either.
    I know they need to be added to a database but being new I don't know what to do.
    My question is, how, if at all, can I get MePo to recognise these recordings?
    Cheers.

-=Is0metric=-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 19, 2013
    South Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Robbo and thanks,
    Unfortunately, no xml files have been created. Half my recordings created using MePo 1.3 the other half ver 1.4.
    From searching/reading other posts along similar lines I need these xml files.
    Again, unfortunately, I have been unable to find anything that can help me generate new xml files for each of the programmes I have.
    Unless some savvy individual, maybe yourself, has further information it looks like I will just watch them via the 'Videos' menu.
    Perhaps someone could post and example xml of a programme?
    Thanks again.

Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    If you recorded using MP (of any version), there will be an XML file for every recording.

Have you tried making a new recording to get the template XML file you need?

-=Is0metric=-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 19, 2013
    South Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Robbo,
    It appears I've had a settings problem. No xml files were/are being generated. TV-Server for MePo 1.4 was a fresh install on a new build.
    I have searched this forum which has resulted in my applying a setting in the mytvdb, "createtaginfoxml" was "no" now "yes".
    A TV-Server reboot and xml files are now being created.
    I copied and edited an xml for an existing recording and bing! All's working out fine.

I include an example recorded TV programme xml file if anyone else has a need.
    Notes:
    -Filenames need to match the related .ts
    -Programme comment was a paste from imdb
    -Start and end time is probably not super important I just ensured it matched the .ts file's properties of 'when recorded' and 'programme length'.

Many thanks again for the help.
    And excellent setup guide as well.
    Kind regards.

Attachments

• The Jackal - BBC One HD - 2013-07-28.xml
      1.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom