How do I only record new episodes of a series...? (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi,

I hope this isn't too dumb of a question but I've been searching the forums and can't seem to find the answer to what I would have thought was an easy question.

I have a series I want to record but the station plays new episodes and repeats in a seemingly random pattern - but my EPG has accurate episode descriptions - so if I could set MP to record only episodes with a "new" description (i.e. a description that doesn't match any of the descriptions from previously recorded episodes) that would work - is there any way to do this?

I have been searching and I *think* the old ForTheRecord plugin used to do this but it doesn't seem to be maintained any more...

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This isn't a dumb question.

How do you get your epg data? I use mc2xml. With it you can tick an option to add an * asterisk for new episodes.

This way, say you want to record only the new episodes of the Big Bang Theory.

New Episodes will now appear in your guide like this:

Big Bang Theory *

Reruns will appear as:

Big Bang Theory

So all you have to is set series recording with the title with an * at the end.

Attachments

• mc2xml.PNG
      mc2xml.PNG
      16.6 KB

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm also using mc2xml but had not seen that option.
    On the other hand, I wonder if this is what you are looking for because what does 'new' mean exactly in this context?
    If for example it's a new series that has not been aired yet but even so is being rerun - which is happening more and more - in the same period, that episode will still be indicated as new, even already having recorded it, no?

A better solution imo is to use the https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/television/tvwishlist plugin in which you can control how the system deals reruns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom