How do I post-process audio from certain plug-ins? (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
With DVB-T radio I can use ffdshow to expand the stereo to extra speakers but with RadioTime it doesn't use ffdshow (I'm not sure what it uses) so I can't do that. The same goes for Music.

Is there a way to post-process these with ffdshow so that I can expand their output to my extra speakers, which I want to do so that I can turn off my TV (which is my main L & R speakers) to save electricity and just use my uber-efficient amp when listening to audio?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

What does Graphstudio(Next) say?

I'm not sure MePo will give you that flexibility - maybe it has to be done outside MePo with merits/etc???

J.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi

I did try GraphStudio to try and find out what they were using, but it doesn't show anything to connect to if I use "Connect to Remote Graph" so it wasn't much help!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    by default music will use BASS player which does not use directshow (so nothing will show in graphstudio). I guess radio time plugin uses default music player too?

Music section has option to upmix to 5.1 or you can change default player to directshow and use FFDShow (though this has some implications like not being able to use visualizations)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks, I'll try the upmix and directshow options to see which works best for me. (y)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Upmix works OK but I'd rather use ffdshow for now as I want to tweak the EQ.

If I set Music to internal dshow however, it uses LAV Audio, even though I haven't got this selected anywhere in the Codecs section of MP Config. To fix this I've had to open LAV Audio and deselect all the audio formats I want ffdshow to handle, so it doesn't look like there's a way to control this in MP.

This works for Music but RadioTime still doesn't use ffdshow and doesn't produce a graph I can attach to in GraphStudio either, so I wonder if that's hardcoded to use the BASS engine?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Upmix works OK but I'd rather use ffdshow for now as I want to tweak the EQ.

If I set Music to internal dshow however, it uses LAV Audio, even though I haven't got this selected anywhere in the Codecs section of MP Config. To fix this I've had to open LAV Audio and deselect all the audio formats I want ffdshow to handle, so it doesn't look like there's a way to control this in MP.
    Codec choice will be driven by filter merit. Change the merit of LAV to be lower than FFDShow and it should start being used.
    The other option (never tried this though) is to use a winamp EQ plugin with BASS.

This works for Music but RadioTime still doesn't use ffdshow and doesn't produce a graph I can attach to in GraphStudio either, so I wonder if that's hardcoded to use the BASS engine?
    Not sure, best check with the plugin author

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Codec choice will be driven by filter merit. Change the merit of LAV to be lower than FFDShow and it should start being used.
    The other option (never tried this though) is to use a winamp EQ plugin with BASS.

I think it's easier just to untick the formats in LAV audio so that ffdshow handles everything. I guess if I wanted LAV to handle a certain audio format for TV or Video but when playing Music in that format have it handled by ffdshow, I'd have to set it to LAV in MP config and then set FFDShow's merit higher than LAV for Music, but I don't use LAV audio for anything.

Interesting idea about the winamp EQ plugin, I'll have a look into that thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom