How do I remove MP from autostart? (1 Viewer)

maak

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
installing a new skin and plugin and something must have gone awry.
Some how the setting for media portal to start when windows starts got tuned on. Normally have this turned off

The skin is obviously crapped out and no media portal shows but its running

Restart gets me to same situation windows loads ..automatically starts mp which is not visable but in controll. CRT ALT Del wont work, it will bring up the task window but it wont function.
How do I shut MP down so i can change the skin settings and get my puter back??????

Please help
Maak

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
when you say crt alt del wont work , do you mean when you do that you dont get the task manager up and can't click on processes and click off the mediaportal.exe ?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
You know, if you were a bit nicer you might get some more responses.

So how do you know its running if its not visible? What do you mean CTRL-ALT-DEL won't work?

You can always use safe mode, then run msconfig and take MP out of the startup tab.

Sam

maak

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Well Samuel Thanks...it was Very nice of you to mention safemode and startup. Ill try that when i get back home.

me?...not being nice...
...Im anoyed at the problem...not at anybody....and I'd be first to admit the error could well be my fault.

How do i know MP is running...Cause I see the MP startup thingy as soon as xp loads, ctrl alr del brings up the task manager with MP listed as running.

But i cannot use keyboard or mouse to operate anything in xp besides:
1. windows button opens start menu.
2. ctrl alt del to open task manager.
3. atl tab will switch fucus..bring to top either start menu or task manger

but but no closing the start menu, task manger or alt tab box nor using anything with kdb or mouse...no tabing to focus on dif fuctions/ buttons nothing...this is prolly cause MP has focus but cant be seen. I tried using remote to do what id normally do to close MP but no go.

I'll let you know when i fix it

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maybe a bit too obvious, but I'm just checking.... Tried Alt+F4? (while MP has focus, to be sure, click once with the mouse into the window)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom