How do I remove unwanted channels from tv guide? (1 Viewer)

mattoid

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
UK
install #3 for today

just reinstalled again, no xmltv, no channels scanned or tuned or set in any way, yet there are still eight (untuned) channels showing in MP. How so? is this a default setting or something?
its got to be in there somewhere......... :?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Delete the capturecards.xml file & the TVdatabase.db3 file.

Then re-add the cards and check if the channels are gone.

DMAN

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    files

DMAN
    is that the same as the card_card1.xml?

I will give that a go, but these are newly created from nothing, so surely they will be recreated the same?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No it's not the same. The xml is in the MP root the TVdatabase is obviously in the database directory.

DMAN

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    Callifo
    no apology necessary, I should remember that this forum does not exist solely in the north of England (we have a certain way with words....) :oops:

DMAN
    tried that; no change. I still get my five channels followed by the first three repeated. If I change the order they appear in setup/tv channels, they change accordingly in the repeated three. Should I report a bug, or is there anything else I should try?
    I should mention that I have rolled it back to version 1.3, to try and solve a freezing problem and I think that worked, but the channel thing occurs in both 1.3 and 2.0 r1.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think it's a bug it's your system getting these channels from somewhere.
    So it's either TVGuide.xml or the RadioDatabase.db3 file.

You haven't said whether you tried a clean install into a a clean directory - have you...?

DMAN

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    clean install

I've done that twice now, last time I removed the team mediaportal folder altogether after uninstalling, and ditto the xmltv folder (which for one reason or another was outside the mp folder). I have just deleted the radio and television databases and capturecard.xml, reinstalled xmltv from scratch, and removed two xmltv apps in case they had background processes running at startup.
    result? It no longer runs, and demands the .msi to reinstall itself. :wink:

still 8 channel 'slots' showing, despite totally clean install, deleting and recreating database and config files and xmltv. Oh, and autotune won't work again either, which was something I liked about 0.2.0 r1. I would use r2, but I have read there is a problem with that and my tv tuner.
    ho hum. :(
    I am most grateful for all your efforts, and I am not about to give up on this.

mattoid >>>

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't setup xmltv after the clean install.
    As I said before it might be caused by the TVGuides xml file.

Workaround is to remove them out of the group that is default when you view the TVGuide.

DMAN

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    Hi again
    just reinstalled again. Thoroughly clean, removed everything, now opened without installing xmltv or tuning any channels, and I still get 8 channel slots saying 'no channel' and 'no tv guide data available'.
    Am I missing something? Does it always give 8 slots for all channels, and we in the uk just have so few on analogue that it has to double up a few to fill the gaps? If thats the case then I shall learn to live with it for now and maybe propose a modification.
    I would go for digital but I need a new aerial for that :(
    Whatever, I have time, as I need to buy a new tv to plug this box into, and theres no chance of that this month.

mattoid

afterthought: is there anywhere else on the hdd that MP stores/alters data other than the Team Mediaportal folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom