How do the Databases/Database updates work? Upgrage from RC2->RC3 (1 Viewer)

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Hi folks,

So, I am updating to RC3, install, everything is fine.

I have backed up all the database and thumbs files I found in the "User Data" folder, my intention is that I want to restore my music playlists, video watched flags, mytvseries flags, etc.

I'm trying to find information to read about this, but I'm at a loss.

I'm under the impression that I *should* just be able to copy the backed up database and thumbs files back into the right directories after the install of RC3, and then this should just work.

Questions:
- Is that correct? Is that the right thing to do? Will it cause problems?
- How does that work? Are the database formats automatically updated by Mediaportal or have the database formats not changed at all between releases?
- Is this all that needs to be done? I mean, are all settings backed up in these databases, or do I still need to set things up in the configuration dialog?

thanks in advance!

Rhombuss

May 1, 2008
I'm wondering this as well. I upgraded from RC1 to RC3 (RC1 I believe stored the thumbs directly in the Programs folder, whereas RC3 stores it under Documents&Settings). I moved all the thumbs over, but apparently it's still not reading them. I couldn't find anywhere in the configuration menu to link the database. The only option seems to be wholesale grabbing them again from IMDB.

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom