How Do You Backup Your DVD Collection (1 Viewer)

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
hey guys,
I have a fairly large dvd collection which has almost filled my 1tb hdd with complete dvd rips. I am looking to convert my dvds gradually to a format such as xvid or h264 etc... hopefully with 1 optional subtitle stream if possible. I know there are various guides out there and many programs but I find varying results in terms of quality, there always seems to be a comprimise be it lip sync or blocking etc... What i would like to know is how you store your dvds and if possible which programs or file formats you find produce the best results... chrz

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    well, h264 brings the best bang for the buck, if you're looking for quality and a small file size. I suggest you head over to AVS Forum or Doom9's Forum - Powered by vBulletin for more info on "how to".

And I guess you will be better off, looking for a one-click solution since there are a lot of DVDs

poyntzj

Portal Member
    February 22, 2008
    handbrake

I use Handbrake for this which gives good size files and excellent quality.
    If you have a DVD source already ripped it will work on those, but unless you have a Mac, you need to rip a DVD before you can convert.

I still keep my music DVD's in DVD format so I an jump tracks and use DVD Shtink to get them to around 5GB in size - removing all the languages and sounds options I don't need / use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom