How do you exit MediaPortal using Logitech Harmony remote? (1 Viewer)

jang

Portal Member
May 25, 2007
I was wondering how to exit MediaPortal by pushing a single button on the Logitech Harmony One? I got Harmony One to start by a single button by assigning it using LM Remote Keymap. But I don't see any clear ways to exit MP, aside from Alt-F4. I don't know how to assign this to LM Remote keymap. I also fear that doing Alt-F4 would damage the application after some time. Please help.

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Couldn't you map a key that displays the top bar (with the VCR controls in it), and then arrow over to the "X" button?

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    ALt-F4 would not damage the application - its a standard shortcut to exit. so no need to worry.

As for having a button to exit, this can be setup in the Remotes section of the Configuration. Select the button you wish to use, then using the dropdown on the right select "Exit" (or something like that - not at the MediaPortal PC right now)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was wondering how to exit MediaPortal by pushing a single button on the Logitech Harmony One? I got Harmony One to start by a single button by assigning it using LM Remote Keymap. But I don't see any clear ways to exit MP, aside from Alt-F4. I don't know how to assign this to LM Remote keymap. I also fear that doing Alt-F4 would damage the application after some time. Please help.

I have this solution:

• teachead one button "double Stop" to stop TV Service (could also be used withe sequence, but is a little bit faster this way)
    • set in Energy Options the Power Button to go to hibernate and
    • put the "double stop" and "Power off" in a harmony sequence
    :D

I don't use the Power functions of the Harmony software!

jang

Portal Member
    May 25, 2007
    It's working! Didn't expect it to be this easy. TNX

jsimmons, Der_Bub, thanks for the help. I followed revs instructions bec it seems to suit me best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom